That Chic: March Madness_Green Recipes


Shakirah McQueen wife
mother & entrepreneur. She
writes for PhatSkinny Chic's
THAT Chic..
What does going green me to that Chic?? Umm maybe seeing that Fine Chocolate Man of mine in Green shirt, sweater, HECK ANYTHANG...the way it lays against his beautiful skin. Or maybe it is the beginning of eating right in the am. I start my day off with an organic egg, kale, spinach, mushrooms, or one of my favorite drinks...I call it SHREK (bananas, Spinach, and apple juice-cut the apple juice with water. You don't want it too sweet) this is the way you can trick you children into getting their veggies.  In my house, we enjoy eating EVERYTHING Green. The greener things are the better I feel they are for me, at least the green veggies make my body feel lighter, healthier and cleaner (yes I am talking cleansing) Try at add green to your turkey burger...a slice of avocado, red leaf lettuce instead of the bun (or you can have your bun...I do sometimes) pickles, tomatoes, red onion, this "green burger" is so filling, and just the balance you need in a meal

 

Here is a couple my "green" recipes, my green turkey burger or Boca® burger,

Ingredients:

Boca Burger/Turkey burger

Red leaf lettuce

Pickles

Jalapenos

Onions

Mushrooms

Tomatoes

Avocados

Prep your toppings first. This is great to display on the counter and let your guest make their burger.  I pan fry the burger no oil needed. (Cooked to your desire temperature; I like mine done) Once burger is done, place inside of leaf (or more if you LOVE lettuce like I do) adding pickles, jalapenos, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and sliced avocados. Then wrap the leaf around the burger and Voila! This "burger" is so Delicious all of the flavors and the crunch makes my mouth sing a song!!!

 
 

©All Rights Are Reserved by PHATSkinny Chic. No parts of this article can reproduced without written consent of the owner.

Comments

Popular Posts