Stuffed Bell Peppers

What's Up Family?

I have a healthy version of Stuff Bell Peppers.  Eating Healthy doesn't have to taste bad.  I have never cooked these before now so  I had to get my play momma Sheila to walked me through the recipe over the phone.  I'm really proud of myself the peppers turned out great!

Ingredients 

6 medium to large bell peppers (Luckily one of my Auntie's have a garden and this year we were loaded with fresh bell peppers.

1 cup of cooked rice
1 bag of Morningstar Crumbles
1 cup of chop onions
1 Tsp of minced garlic (optional...I like garlic it helps fight of certain forms of cancer, so I keep a jar in the fridge)
1 can of Rotel
1 bag of shredded cheese...I use mozzarella because it was I had the house...use a cheese of your choice
1 Tsp of oil of your choice
Season to your taste buds...I use Badia Complete Seasoning

Preparation 

Preheat oven to 400 Degrees F

The Stuffing

In a large skillet, heat oil and saute onions and garlic for few minutes. Next add the Crumblers to the skillet and cook for at about 3 minutes or until brown. Bring to a low heat.  I already had rice on hand from the day before so I just added it to the skillet.  If you need to cook rice use the 10-minute brown rice whole grain. Drain the juice off the Rotel and then add the can of Rotel to the skillet. Take the skillet off the stove and add half the bag of cheese to it and mix well...


The Peppers...

wash and clean your peppers.  cut the tops off the peppers. (cut the tops up and save for a later dish. want not waste not)  scoop out the seeds from the inside with a spoon.  Place your peppers on a non-stick cooking sheet.  Cook them in the oven for about 5 minutes on 400 degrees F.  This will make the peppers soft. Take peppers out the over after five minutes...

Stuff peppers to max with the stuffing mixtures. Then place peppers back into the oven for another 7-9 minutes...Take peppers out the oven and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on the peppers. Let cool for a minute. Then serve to your family. 
Any leftover stuffing save and make stuff cabbage rolls of freeze for the next time...Pinterest always has great recipes..Follow Me @Phatskinnychic 

 Send Me pictures of your peppers...Have a recipe you want me to try out and make it for Meatless Monday email me at phatskinnychic@gmail.com

Good Eating!



Comments

Popular Posts