Pinky Promise

Pinky Promise…

Recently my mom, her doctor, and I all pinky-swore she would lose 10lbs by her next Doctors appointment in 3 months.  This pinky promise sparked me to find age appropriate solutions to help reach her goals.  My mom is a very interesting person.  She loves Cokes and Bacon. I wanted to find something that was going to challenge her but safe for her to commit to on an on-going basis.  Her progress has been very slow since she has a love affair with Cokes and bacon.  She agreed to do the 21-day Health challenge with me.  She has traded her cokes for water and bacon for more fruits and vegetables.  She is learning she can survive without a Coke for 21 days. She has learned fruits and veggies can be just as appetizing as bacon. Since we have been on the challenge we have discuss ways to incorporate the items she love back into her life but in a much healthier way.  My mom already told me she isn't drinking a diet anything so I suggested she have a 20oz coke once a week.    I also suggested she eats bacon once or twice a month instead of everyday.   My mom is 60 and I know it is harder for her to change a lifetime of eating habits.  My goal is to encourage her to make small changes she can live with and have an occasional coke.  It has been an interesting 14 days in our challenge. It has taken a lot of prayer on my part and self control not to fuss at her.  I can slowly see the mind shift going on with her.  She is enjoying her smoothies in the mornings and realizes she has more energy throughout the day.  I am excited about these small changes and I hope she will keep them going…

I will keep you posted on our Pinky Promise 

Comments

Popular Posts