Throwback Thursday: No More False Starts

No More False Starts

For a while the phrase “No More False Starts” has been in Spirit.  I can think of how many times I’ve started something, Get super excited start moving forward with my ideas and realize it was the wrong timing.  Feeling inadequate and discourage by False starts in my life made me reluctant to take actions on dreams.  This is no way to live life.  As I progress in more on this journey, I had to remove fear and make corrective steps to fly with my dreams now that the time is here. 

What is a False Start?

False Start is a movement by participant before (or in some cases after) being signaled or otherwise permitted by the rules to start.

In my case this meant no more jumping the gun but staying in pocket until the gun sounds or the play is in actions.  I don’t allow people to pull me off sides with negativity.  I listen and wait for the Quarterback to say Hike. Just like in football, it is all about timing. Every player on the field must be aware of the time clock.  I can’t start too soon and I can’t take too much time getting the play in motion. 

What keeps you from Jumping off sides?

Perception is key! I have learned what you perceive is what you receive.  Learn how to take your eyes off others and things that distract you.  Focus your attention on things that are important and positive.   Use positive reinforcements such as quotes, bible verses, and books.  Shake off those things that don’t pertain to you.  I had to learn not to make my friend issues my issues. If they are not ready to make healthy changes, it is ok. I don’t have to put my life on hold while they decide to make those changes.


Forget those times you jump the gun! It doesn't matter.  Keep your head in the game. You are not disqualified.  If you keep your mind on the mistakes you will keep making those mistakes. Learn from your mistakes and move on.  Remember in one play you can make up for the entire lost yardage you had from your false starts 

Comments

Popular Posts