#InvestigateTheSmiths


While scrolling through my Facebook feed last night, I came across a post with this picture of Jada and Will Smith and their daughter Willow, 13 with actor Moises Arias, 20.  The post had the hashtag #leavethemalone.  The post was in reference to LA County Children Services investigating the couple's parenting after this picture was posted on social media. To read more about the investigation go to http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/05/will-smith-jada-pinkett-investigation-child-protective-services-willow/.   

I sat at my laptop confused at this hashtag #leavethemalone. Why are we trending a topic which  is very serious. Why do we want to leave them alone? Because they are celebrities?   When did it become ok for a 13 year old GIRL to lay in the bed with a half-naked 20 year Man? If this was Joe Blow with little Sally Watermelon. The world would be in an uproar.  A neighbor wouldn't have hesitated to to report this to the authorities.  We wouldn't be hashtagging #leavethemalone. We would at least ask the question, "Why In the Hell is this GROWN ASS MAN in the bed with this little girl?"  I worked and volunteered for a great organization,CASA-Court Appointed Special Advocates,who advocated for children who were in these situation. I sat in court many days listening to juvenile judges, lawyers, social workers try to figure out what was best for the child in this situation.  As a society we should be alarmed and outraged at this picture.  Child abuse and Sexual Abuse doesn't discriminate against social classes & money.  We don't know as of yet if there was any sexual abuse in this case. It is why the authorities are investigating.  I am even more alarm that Mrs Jada Pinkett Smith wanted to place blame on the paparazzi for asking her questions about the pictures.  Pictures are worth a 1000 words...Her 13 year old daughter was laying in bed with a half naked 20 year old man.  Who wouldn't have questions!!! I hope she had questions...I hope she hit the roof.  My mom would have went ballistic on this man and me. She would went off on me for putting myself in an unsafe environment.  She would have choke the shit out of my brother. (supposedly Jaden was there as well) for letting this man be all up on me in the first place.  The authorities would have been called in but it would have been to get Fran off this man's ass.  It is safe to say this was a bad parenting move on the smith's part.  

Do You Think We Should Turn A Blind-eye To the Smith's Parenting?

#investigatethesmith's

Comments

Popular Posts