Extraordinary Friday...Dr. Jake Golden


Good Morning Loves!

 I love this person. He is a great friend and very inspiring. One conversation with him will change your life.Every time I have asked him to write for PSC, he has done so with great joy.  I finally got him to sit down and do an actual interview with us.  












Dr. Jake Golden is the principal at Talbot County School Systems, founder of Sigma Seven Ministries, & author of 77 Ways to be a Father After Separation. 





PHATSkinnyChic is focused on Health & Fitness and All Things Fabulous… I follow you on twitter and instagram and I notice you have a great sense of style…Please Tell Us more about yourself


What is your style philosophy?

I believe men’s clothes—like women’s—should attract attention to the best lines of a man’s figure and distract from the worst. My style philosophy is dress to compliment your personality. If you are a middle of the road person then dress easy and comfortably. However if you are daring and adventurous then dress daring and adventurous.



How did men’s fashion transform your life?
Men's fashion has transformed me from a bench warmer to a franchise player. My clothing complements me. I am a walking monument of what you see is what you get. Men's fashion has evolved over the years. Men are now permitted to express themselves. I can now associate things about my character in my dress. I can look confident and be confident.




I notice you are an Educator. How do you teach your students about personal presentation?


I first model what I believe and expect from my students. In my new book, From Poverty to Potential I have an entire section dedicated to personal presentation and etiquette. Presentation is over half the battle with the next being intelligence. Students should always dress for the job they want not the job they have. Become the person you want to be.


Do you believe the way person looks determines how successful a person will be in life?


Absolutely. Perception is reality. If people perceive you as successful then you inevitably will be and to them you are. People want to follow people that look like a leader. There are very few people who are successful and don't fit the mold or look.



Recently Body Shaming has been in the news a lot where people are being put down for their size, what is your stance on this issue? Do you see this often in the Educational system?

People should be proud of the skin they are in. Different body types are now being accepted in main stream America. Long gone are the days of the "Cosmo girls" wearing a size 0. Now women of all sizes are being accepted. There are some media who still judge people by there size and not the content of their character and this is wrong. It is not as prevalent in education as it use to be however it still exist. I am a product of Body Shaming for I was tormented as a young man about my weight. However I learned through experience how to change my insecurity into my strength.


The comedienne Mo’Nique has recently lost weight. She attributes her weight loss to her husband’s concerns about her health. How would you approach a difficult subject with a love one?

A health concern is a good way to approach the subject however slimmer does not constituent less health issues.  Being healthy is a lifestyle. We all need to adopt some healthy alternatives for our lives.

Approaching the subject with a loved one I would use my own testimony about my struggle with weight-loss to gain their support.


Does Size Really Matter? I mean does a woman’s size matter to you?

A woman's size does not matter to me at all. In fact I prefer a sexy plus size women. Some of my favorites are Tocarra Jones, Kai Monae, and Rosie Mercado. I love their confidence and swagger on camera. Absolutely mesmerizing!


What is your favorite style of shoes on women? Wedge? Flats? Stilletos? Platforms?


Flats... I am not a tall man. Lol! However I respect a woman's shoe game so I can accept any style at any time or the right time.


What is your favorite thing about a Woman?


Her lips and her hips... what a combination. They can be petite or have meat it does not matter to me!



What are some things you do to catch a woman’s eye?


I am always well groomed and I always smile. I do my best to make eye contact this tells me what she is all about. I also tastefully lick my lips (tip from LL Cool J).


I like to ask this question because men are always being told what to buy women but I want to know what kind of gifts do men like to receive?

I love ties and socks. Pedicure and manicure gift certificates cause I enjoy going. Men like gifts they can use so be creative and be thoughtful.



As What is your workout regimen and how often do you work out?

Firstly allow me to state that I am currently not work out enough. However when I do work out it is usually three to four times per week for  an hour.



Do you prefer to” workout”t alone or with someone?

 Alone because I love to stay focused.


What is the one food you will never give up?

I am willing to give up any of them I am not a Food Fanatic. I eat to live.


The exercise you love to hate?


The Elliptical is my nemesis. The reason I call it my nemesis is because it is the number one agent of change in my body and the number one reason I am not seeing progress. I need more of her in my life.



I always like to ask this question because it is fun…If you could be any animal, what type would you be?


A Butterfly because  it goes where it pleases and pleases where it goes. It understands transformation and change. It knows that life has stages and change is inevitable don't fight the process.


Tell Us where to follow you
 Facebook Jake Golden
Twitter @DrJakeGoldenIV


Any words of inspiration for the women of PHATSkinny Chic?

Be you. Be excellent. Be beautiful. Be you.



Interested in being featured on Extraordinary Friday? Contact Us at phatskinnychic@gmail.com


Comments

Popular Posts