PHAT Chic Survival Guide to Healthy Eating

On my journey, I have learned some tricks which have helped me maintain my focus on my weight-loss goals. After a temporary lapse of sanity, I’m finding myself going back to those principles which I learned from the beginning of my journey.  One the tricks which came to my attention recently is measuring serving size.  My family likes to snack especially on lazy Sunday afternoons.  We like things such as Cheez-it and Uncle Amos Famous Chocolate Chip cookies.   I know you just said, “Jay that is not healthy at all”.  You are right, but I am very realistic when it comes to my eating habits.  I believe these things are OK when done in moderation. Moderation must be determined by the individual.  The less I have in the house the less likely I am to eat it. There are times I got to have something sweet to eat which means I want something salty as well.  Now here comes the trick.  Instead of eating the entire bag of Cheez-it and all those calories, I get a snack bag and measure out the serving size.  Many times when I see the serving size it is more than enough to satisfy my cravings.  I get to enjoy my favorite snack and not feel guilty.

My other trick is to eat more food that comes from nature than what comes in a box.  This means shopping the perimeter of the grocery store. Read more on how to shop the perimeter HERE

 Some experts will say don’t eat process food  but again I am very real & honest with myself when it comes to my eating habits.  I know I am going to eat Cheez-it so my game plan is to limit them to just a serving size.

To balance my process food with my all natural food, I eat grapes along with Cheez-it to satisfy the salt and sweet cravings.


How I Read Nutrition Labels…


Comments

Popular Posts