Safety First: Walk with Friends!


courtesy of WSB-TV 
Recently, a young woman in the next county over from where I live was attacked on the Silver Comet Trail.  The news of the attack and the pictures didn't sit well with my spirit.  My heart goes out to her and her family. This senseless crime hurts the community as a whole.  This got me to thinking about working out alone. I thought how many times I have hit my favorite trail by myself. Since I choose to walk when there is a crowd of people. I realize how naive of me to think someone wouldn't harm me.  My thought process has always been surely someone notice me going on the path.  I got a big mouth if someone attacked me I would be heard and know what to do. In the wake of her attack, it got me to thinking.  I want to encourage everyone not to go running, hiking or walking on your own.  There is safety in numbers.  If this means you have to change your schedule to go when someone is available, make the changes.  Seeing this young ladies bruised face has made me change my mind about walking alone.  I am sorry that it took something so harsh and this lady experiencing something so horrific for me to get it.   Please heed my concerns about this matter. I don’t want to see another story like this in the news.


Check out the rest of the story here…http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/deputies-woman-attacked-seriously-injured-silver-c/ngqzF/

Comments

Popular Posts