5 Thing I do to Calm My Nerves

Overwhelmed?


photo credit: Richard Peeks 
Blow Bubbles- Ever wonder why little children go crazy over bubbles? It is because it is fun and amazing. Blowing bubbles is a mindless activity that makes you forget about your troubles. So my advice to you, run to go to the Dollar Tree and pick up a bottle.

Color- You should always keep a coloring book and 24 pack of crayons in your desk.  When I was in the corporate world, I had several in my office. I even had a coloring book that my supervisor used when she was stressed out.



Dance- My go to song is James Brown’s Get Up off That Thang! You must listen to the lyrics to really appreciate James’ Geniuses.  Get Up off that thang and dance to you feel better” That alone should help lift your spirits.


Nap- If you have time to take a power nap, DO SO!!!! A 15 minute power nap can leave your refresh and reboot your brain.





Call a Friend- My Ultra Mega Best Friend is always available by phone or IM…We are so in tune with each other we don’t have to type words anymore but use emoticons to express ourselves. Everyone needs a person that helps them tap into their inner idiot. 

Comments

Popular Posts