Beat Winter Blues

As I sit and write this, I realize I haven’t seen the sun in like 3 or 4 days. “Rain Rain go away come back again some other day!” It has been a rainy wet foggy dreary week here in Atlanta.  I am not use to this.  Even when it is cold outside the Sun peeks through the clouds. 
Often times our emotions can reflect the weather going on outside.  When the sun is high in the sky and shining brightly, our moods are on cloud ten. We want to bask in the rays and let it radiate in our hearts.  If this is true, what do we do to fight the Winter Blahs?

Here are 5 Things I do to fight the Winter Blahs

Get Out the Building!  The sun may not be shining, but there is so much to connect to in nature.  Take a walk go for a Hike

Plan a girl’s trip or weekend get away!  Somewhere in the world the Sun is shining.  Grab your best girlfriends or your boo thang and take a quick drive to a new city to explore. 

Be creative!  Nothing makes me happier than Making something!  I think it the part of us that puts us the closest to God.  We were born to Create!

Spend time with Family.  I am always energized after spending time with family.  Do a family fun night.  For Christmas' Eve, we played Uno. It was the most fun I had with family in a long time.  I am still tickled at new generation of cheaters we have in my family. 

Pamper Myself….Don’t stop getting pedicures and manicures.  I am guilty of this.  I am like my feet are going to be in shoes all day. No one is going to see the chipped nail polish from 3 months ago.  (I know do better Jay’L )  I have a nightstand full of nail polish and scrubs to take care of my feet.  Matter of fact, I think I will have a spa day today.

Just because it is cold wet dreary outside doesn’t mean our moods have to be.  Find something to Perk up your Spirit. Spring is only a short time away.

Comments

Popular Posts