Me, My Big Breast, & I

Body Acceptance

My senior year in high school, I had a breast reduction.  I was a 44 DD at the age of 17 wore a size 20 in tops and dresses. My boobs hung down below my belly button.  I got unwanted attention from boys and grown men.  I was looked as an object from the time my breast started developing.  I never wore a training bra. When I started wearing bras, I was in a C cup this was around the 5th grade.  I have always been a part of the big titty crew.

The time leading up to my breast reduction, all my guy friends said their goodbyes even the undercover gay boys said their parting words.  No, you freaks no one touch them! They just stared at them and said they would miss them.  My breast had become a part of their fantasy.  I was getting rid of something they loved, but I hated.  I was so excited to be getting rid of them.  I could wear smaller shirts and clothes. I could learn my true dress size.  I had surgery over spring break.  When I came back to school I was a new woman.  I was elated at my decision.  Fast forward a few years in college.  These bishes grew back! No one told me my lovely C-cup the doctor gave me would disappear.  I was quickly back up to a DD cup.  At this time, I could not use surgery to make me feel better.  I had to accept I was going to forever be a part of the Tig o’Bitty Committee.  I realized I didn’t’ have to be ashamed but embrace my breast. People were paying top money to have what God had given me naturally.  I learned at 21 to love my “girls” and let them work for me.  

In our image-driven society, it is very important to embrace the body God has given us even if we have added to it.  I am down for surgeries to help us look better.  I really want to suck the fat out my stomach to give me a big ole butt. However, surgeries can’t be the tool we use to accept our bodies.  I can tuck and pluck all I want, but there are chances that I will have to do it again.  I learned at 21 to just accept certain things about my body.  Even as I lose weight, I know my breasts are not going to be a B-cup nor would I want them to be. 








Comments

Popular Posts