Shop The Perimeter


Hi Loves,

One of my New Year goals is to finally learn how to eat healthy on a consistent basis.  I’ve learned in the past, I can accomplish this if I am strategic in my grocery shopping.  The best strategy is knowing the layout of my local grocery store.  I know when I walk into my Kroger the produce, organic and health section is to my right.  The meats and milk are directly to the back and the eggs and dairy products in the left back corner.  My whole wheat pasta is on aisle 3 near the back of the store across from the chicken section of the meats.  As see I spend a lot of time in Kroger, I love that store. (S/O to the Kroger Plus card).  Knowing the layout of the store helps me stay focusing on menus and things I can put on my plate.
Most experts’ healthy gurus will tell you to shop the perimeter of the store.  Mainly everything on my list I can find on the outskirts of the store.  I have to go up a few inside aisles, but I know exactly where to go to the healthy products that I need.   The reason they tell you to shop the perimeter is this where most of the four main food groups lie.  In the center aisle’ is where most of your process foods are.  Processed foods are the foods that come in a box or can.  They are filled with chemicals that our bodies can’t process and extra sodium that we don’t need.    The key to healthy living  is to eat as many natural foods as possible.  I am not saying to stop eating process food altogether because who am I kidding, we all like Cheez it. We do need to avoid shopping in the center aisle of the store.

Do You Know the Layout to Your Local Grocery Store?

Remember for healthy living SHOP the Perimeter of the Store.



Challenge: On your next shopping trip, try shopping the outskirts of the store. 

Comments

Popular Posts