Throwback Thursday: What’s in a Compliment?

The word Compliment is defined as a polite expression of praise or admiration. 

A few months ago, I attended a Women’s Conference and the speaker use this amazing quote of course I can’t remember right now but it was about giving a compliment.  She said, “A compliment is a great conversation starter”.   Those words penetrated my heart.  It got me to thinking about how many times I’ve met an awesome person by complimenting their tie or their dress.  I was like “OMG like what a TRUE statement!” 

This also reminded me of the reactions of the people I complimented. Many are so shocked to have someone say something nice to them.   Have we built up so many walls in our lives that we are shocked to hear someone to be nice to us?  Have we forgotten about manners and the unspoken rule to just be nice?

What’s in a compliment?

In a compliment is a smile, a new friend, a new love, a new opportunity, an open door to the best life we are called to live.


Challenge:  Spend one day complimenting every person you come in contact with and see the impact it has on others lives. 

Comments

Popular Posts