Blogging Tip: Blog Calendar

Blog Calendar.

2015 is the first year I am keeping an Official Blog Calendar.   I am using Google Calendar, Google keeps, Wunderlist, a regular calendar and scrap paper to help keep me organize and stay on task.  I wish a Blog Calendar was my bright idea but it is not.  I actually got this idea from Pinterest.  When I read the article on the Blog Calendars… I was like you big dummy.  You already knew this information.  I had to keep a calendar on every job I have worked.  I had to schedule clients, projects, and keep up with court dates. This is the first thing I should have put into place. Anyway, after I got done with chastising myself, I spent two days getting my calendar in place…I create Monthly themes…Weekly segments and even Holiday Posts…Merry Happy Valentine’s  Ground Hog Day!  The calendar has made it easy for me to keep up with how many post to write for the month, which post to assign to others and meet deadlines. 

How to Set Up a Blog Calendar…

Always, Always, Always keep an old fashion handheld calendar!  Technology is great, but it is nothing like being able to pencil in appointments or jot down ideas for a post in an old fashion calendar

Decide How often you want to post. 

Create Weekly Segments to help you write.  PSC every Friday is Fit Friday.  I know I have to write about a new work out or new exercise for people to try. 

Break Segments into Monthly into themes.  Jan is the Great Outdoors.  Exercise to try outdoors.   I have a new topic every Friday to write about.  Planning this stuff ahead of time helped tremendously for my writing schedule.  When it came time to write, I wasn’t brainstorming for ideas.  I already had them. I simply sat down to write and was able to write the month’s worth in one setting. 

Schedule a day to create graphic content using programs like Adobe Master Suite and Canva.com

Schedule Posts Graphic Cards Inspirational post on things let Hootlet and Stacker




Comments

Popular Posts