Fit Friday: Tennis

Fit Friday Tennis

I have tennis rackets and I am not afraid to use them!  I am going to hit the courts more this year.  I think I remember the fundamentals from my college course.  I don’t play tennis for the intensity of the game. I play for pure enjoyment.  I am not the next Serena.  I don’t even think my friends & I play correctly.  We have so much fun moving on the court.  It is a joy to get the ball over the net. 

On Fit Fridays, we talk about our fitness experiences to encourage you to try something new.  You don’t have to be a certain size to enjoy working out.  For far too long we have watch fitness guru parade around tiny sculpted people doing their exercises wishing and hoping to look like them.  We look at them and judge ourselves. We say I when I lose 20lbs I will take up Tennis or go Hiking.  Well, I am saying the HELL With THAT!  I am not going to wait until I lose 20lbs to play tennis. I am taking my FAT ASS on that court and have fun.  Who cares I can’t hustle to return every ball? I am out here moving having fun and it gives me a goal to reach for.  My hope is that women of all sizes don’t just read this post but take action.  Choose an activity to incorporate into their lives.  Try Tennis! If you hate it, do something else.  Try everything until you find the thing you love and works for you.  Let’s show the world that PHAT Chics Do WorkOut! 

I am done…I am off my soapbox…do


Challenge:  Try Tennis…Your local recreation department has a court you can use for free…Go Academy my to buy some cheap racquets and have fun. If you love it, get with friends and purchase lessons…Groupon is your best friend. 

Comments

Popular Posts