Blogging is a Business

Blogging Tips

Recently, I took a four-session seminar for women in business. I had a mind shift on how I see my business.  Blogging is a business.  It wasn’t until I begin to view PHATSkinny Chic as a business and not a hobby that I saw my blog make significant changes.  For three years, I’ve struggle with getting people to read it and increase my social media footprint. It was in these  classes with other professionals which helped me changed my views. I received helpful tips which grew PHATSkinny Chic right when I wanted to throw in the towel.

It is important to invest in your knowledge as a business person.  I’ve learned the power of networking and surrounding myself with like minded people.  The seminar I attended was Boss Lady Network.  It is a network for lady entrepreneurs. My group consisted of creative businesses such as jewelry making, organic teas, and custom purses.  It was exciting to be in a room full of creative people.  I chose to attend this type of networking group first because I wanted to learn more about business as a whole.  I am still researching a blogger network to attend to learn more about blogging.   I needed the basics.

Things I learned from Boss Lady Network

Tell your money where you want it to go- I have never thought about creating a plan for my money. Anything with numbers I tried to avoid.  Math is not my strong suit. Once I came up with a plan for my money, things became much clearer.  I have more money to do things I once thought I couldn’t.

What is your Niche- I have heard this before.  I know my niche market for PSC, but now I am being intentional with my reach.  

Branding- creating a brand is not just about the business but also how I want to brand myself as a person.  It is about how I represent my business to the world outside of World Wide Web.  I must remember I am a representation of my business at all times.  I have come up with two personal branding concepts for myself.   Pretty Tomboy and Pretty Geek are my personal branding concepts.

Overall, I am glad I attended the sessions.  It was worth giving up my Monday evenings to learn more about myself and how to grow my business. If you are serious about blogging, I suggest you approach it like a business.  Invest in your business and self. Don’t be afraid to step out of your normal networking group to go meet other people.  

If you are interesting in the Boss Lady Network, They are offering a one-day conference called Elevate June 6th, 2015 Cobb Galleria.


Comments

Popular Posts