Fit Friday: Cross Training Equipment

Fitness for People Living with Chronic Illness


When I think of cross training equipment, I immediately think of the elliptical machine paired with a stationary bike. Come to find out cross training equipment is oh so more than that! That said, I will start with what I know. I LOVE the idea of having an elliptical machineand stationary bike. Can you say it is gentle on the knees with accuracy to the product? You could, but you wouldn't be giving the product it's full credit!



Physical Therapy


I was able to use this particular piece of equipment when I first had my anterior lumbar surgery (simple terms-back surgery). It was easy on my lower back as well as being gentle on my knees. Honestly speaking, it did take a couple of times using the equipment to get use to it. Once I got the hang of it, it was breezy breezy! Now I usually use it in 20 minute increments.  This increases my body's mobility. This is especially good for my MS.

In the Gym

What I learned in physical therapy, I'm  easily able to duplicate in my personal training sessions. The cross trainer was an excellent starter to keep my body in check. As my trainer and I both felt comfortable with the results, I  increased my activity of the variety of new pieces of equipment he suggested for me. If you are a gym rat, you definitely are aware of all of the latest and greatest gym equipment available to you. Oftentimes I was sore the next day, however, as I continued to push myself I reached new heights each and every day.

Are you a person with chronic illness? How do you stay fit and Healthy? Leave a comment I would love to hear from you!

Comments

Popular Posts