Fit Friday:Elliptical Machines


Photo Courtesy of Wal-Mart.com
I first began my love affair with the elliptical machine in my early 20s. My first advertising job came with many perks including a discounted membership to the workout facility at the Four Seasons where we were located at the time. During my lunch breaks, the first machine I would go to is the ellyptical machine. While my co-workers flocked to the treadmill, I maximized my time and calorie goals. I was burning twice as much calories than if I was on a treadmill and in half the time.It was easy on my knees and allowed me to also work my arms at the same time. Unlike any other piece of equipment, it seemed like it worked the whole body. Not only just my arms and legs, but it involved my core, wrists, and ankles. Flash forward 20 years, and it was used as physical therapy.after my major back surgery. Needless to say, I was very excited when I bought one today. Normally around $300+ for one that has all of the bells and whistles, I found mine for just under $200 (price is now $217...the early bird catches the worm;) at Wal-Mart. Shipping was free  and they had a nice variety to choose from ranging from $90-250. I opted for the higher end one because it had multiple heart monitors, which for an asthmatic makes a world of difference. Most of them had a 70%+ customer satisfaction rating from several hundreds users. Learn more at http://www.walmart.com/msharbor/browse/sports-outdoors/ellipticals/4125_4134_1074324_1074325.

Comments

Popular Posts