New Dress Size...

Today is Tuesday but the inspiration hit me Saturday and I forgot to hit the publish button.  I hope you enjoy!!

Happy Saturday!

    I hope everyone is enjoying the weather.  It is great here in Georgia.  I am going to enjoy this spring weather because at any moment it will be HAWT as HADES.

    After being Lazy for most of the day, I decided to loaf around the town with my mom.  Loafing for us consist of going to the furniture store, looking for the Habitat for Humanity store (they have great deals on house stuff), and going to Sam's for free samples and cheap lunch. (don't act like I am the only one who goes to Sam's for the samples)  While out my mom needed to go the the Dollar Tree to pick up some items.  The Dollar Tree just so happen to be in the same shopping center as CATO's. If you were a chubby chic growing up like me you know CATO's was one of the few stores for Big Girls to shop at and still look some what stylish.  While my mom talk for hours to someone she knew (by the way this lady knows everyone), I ventured into CATO's.
http://www.catofashions.com/plus-sizes-dresses

     Upon walking into the store, I was greeted with tons of spring colors and spring trends. Some of the items in the store was a little Grandmama-ish but it was some things that I would definetly wear.  They had this really cute  floral Maxi-dress which would be really cute to wear to a cook-out.

     I learned early on when shopping in CATO's never pay full price for anything in the store.  Their items get marked down quite often and if I waited a couple of weeks the item I wanted would be on sale or clearance.  My first stop in the store  is always the clearance racks.  Are they really called clothing racks or is that my Southern upbringing coming out.  You know we call dish clothes rags. Maybe there is a proper name for clothing racks and I just don't know it. Anyhoo back to the sale's racks... I am in the process of losing weight, I am not buying any new clothes. I am only thrifting. I don't want to make an huge investment in clothes right now especially since I am learning the  "Art of Thrift <<<(Click Here to Read the Article)  While skimming through the racks, I found some really cute dresses and then that is when I had my light bulb moment.  Let's try on different sizes to determine my dress size.  Now I can get into a size 16w pants (down from a 24w) but because of my gigantic but nice boobs I wear a different size up top.  I grabbed dresses from varies sizes and styles and headed to the dressing room.  Well I am proud to announce.  I got into a size 18w without any lumps and bumps showing.  I tried on 14/16 dress as well but it was a little to snug but it won't be long now.... I am so happy.  It is official I am down from a size 24w dress size to an 18w dress size.

     Now let me tell you a little tips about trying on dresses.  Material does make all the difference. I know I use to try to squeeze these girls into dresses with very stiff fabric. The kind of fabric that don't give when you pull on it.  No matter what size I get in dress made with this type of material my girls look like they are screaming to get free.  I am not an expert in sewing so I will not even pretend to know the names of material but I do know I need dress made with cotton and have some spandex in them.  I need a lot of give in the bust area.  I telling you about the material so you want have a meltdown in the store when you can't wear a certain size in every style of dress. One Size 20 doesn't fit all.  Get over it...It is a part of life...Keep focusing on your health and weight loss goals.

Next thing is style of dress.  I have a big stomach so I have to be be very careful not pick a dress that will have my looking like I am 10 months preggers.  To learn more on what style of dress to wear check out these links on how to dress for your body type.  

Well I am being distracted by Food Network's Chopped.  I think it is time to end this post.  

Remember the journey is just as important as the destination.  

Happy Healthy Living 

Comments

Popular Posts