PSC Vitamin: Affirmations

Hey Loves,

Wednesday is all about feeding our spirit. This is why we call it PHATSkinny Chic Vitamins. It is midweek and we need to be encouraged and uplifted. Can I get a AAAAAAAAAmen!   There are times when our best friends, man or family is not around to give us an uplifting word which keeps us going on our journey.   It is during these times we need have some encouraging words in our catalog of thoughts to help propel us on our path. 

Daily Words of Encouragement or Affirmations are the “IT” thing to these days. You can’t come across a motivational speaker, coach who doesn’t encourage people to speak positive things over their lives.  I agree with them 100%.  Everyone should know how to encourage themselves.  There have been dark times in my life when I had to reinforce positivity in my life.  I had to speak truths about myself even if I didn’t feel they were true at the time.  I’ve told myself, “Girl You Are Beautiful” even though I was feeling un-pretty. I spoke healing over my body while I was full of pain.  Daily Affirmations help changes your attitude and turns your life around.  The more you hear yourself speak positive words you begin to believe in those words.  Every cell in your body begins to respond to those words.  Words are Powerful.  It is important to speak the right ones over yourself.

I will show you how to get started with daily affirming yourself. 

First the purpose of affirmations is to affirm yourself with truths that add value to your life. Seek out quotes, sayings which point you in the direction you desire to move in life.   I know I use a lot of scripture are affirmation.  I find bible verses that I need to feed my spirit  at the moment and I use them.  I print them on pretty paper and hang them on my wall.  Every time I walk out my bedroom. I am reminded to speak things into my life. 


Secondly, find a routine with your affirmations.  Do you want to say them first thing in the  morning or the last thing at night? Maybe you are a mid-day Person? Find a routine which works best for you.  I personally like the morning time. It helps me start my day off right.

Thirdly, memorize your affirmation or keep a cheat sheet.  You never know when you need to give yourself a pep talk.  Again, the more you say them the more you believe the words and your body responds to it.


Lastly, don’t forget to have fun with the affirmation.  Share with your friends. Create a list with your family.  Document the changes it makes in your lives.  It will encourage you to keep going with the Affirmation.  

Comments

Popular Posts