Sex Happens

Author Jay'L Harris 


My back-cover Author Picture.
SIX years ago, I took the plunge to become a published author.  I cried the first time I held my book in my hand.  It was my biggest accomplishment since graduating college.  It was a major deal.  I was thrilled to have completed a book.   I never truly embraced the title author; although, I'd written my book.  I never felt good to be called Author.  I let unpleasant reviews get the best of me. I allowed the harsh words of my critics to keep me from pressing forward in writing a new book. I started stories only to get writer's block in the middle of writing.  I made up every excuse to keep myself from finishing a book. Before I knew it, six years passed.  I only had one book to my name.  It sucks being a one hit wonder!

Why 6 years?


Over the years, my writing improved. I worked as a blogger, ghostwriter, and freelance writer. In my research, I'd come across this word Flash Fiction. It intrigued me, so I googled the word. I learned Flash Fiction is a story made up of 2000 words or less. This discovery caused me to revisited old stories I'd previously written. In my Ah-Ha moment, the brilliant idea of turning my unfinished work into several short stories came to me.  Within an hour, I had one  story completed and another half way finished.  Flash Fiction gives me the opportunity to write great stories. Fans will have the opportunity to catch up with their favorite character  the end of 2015.

Sex Happens


click to purchase 
When the Door Shuts...Sex Happens is the lead book of my Unlikely Love Flash Fiction Series. The story gives readers a glimpse of what's been going on with the main characters, Jasmine, and Anthony. I am super excited about this story.  I allowed myself to show the world my sensual side. I'm finally cool with loving God and sex too!  I've been celibate for 8 years. I will continue to be until I am married. In the meantime, I'll write about Sex until I am able to have it.

Thank You

Through the years, you have allowed me to grow as a writer. Many of  you stuck with me as my writing has improved. I really appreciate it. Many Thanks to You. May God richly enhance your life!


Comments

Popular Posts