Tech Tuesday Update: Lose It!


Pros

It has been nearly 3 weeks since I started using Lose It! Truth be told, I have fallen off. It is an awesome app for use at home. I LOVE simply scanning barcodes and changing the serving portion. It keeps me accountable. I find myself eating lesser calories than allowed for the day!  I liked that! I could see at the end of the day where my calories were actually going, however, I was eating out of proportion. I would like it if it could remind me of the ratios that are needed throughout the day so that I could keep a balanced diet.

I haven't been exercising as I should. If I had, I would find that I would have an even bigger deficit of calories at the end of the day. After getting steroid injections in both knees recently, I think exercise would really make a huge difference. I am going to start out slowly with yoga, so it won't be as impactful. If you are active and like logging your food for health reasons, I definitely think you will find the app useful.

Cons


If you like to eat out a lot, tracking becomes a little more difficult, This was one of the main reasons that I stopped using it for now. A couple of meals out and that killed it for me. One thing I have found that some restaurants will mention the calorie count for the meals. With that information, I can customize my favorite meals on the go. The cost of the premium Lose It app is $39.99. Most people may not want pay this price, but I find the benefits outweigh the cost.


Comments

Popular Posts