Tech Tuesdays: The Lose It! App

LOSE IT!

courtesy of Loseit.com
This Tech Tuesday we are taking a closer look at the fitness app Lose It! This was the very first app that I downloaded to aid in my weight loss. I loved the app, unfortunately my Kindle did not have a camera so I couldn’t scan the barcodes to make food logging easier. If I would have had the proper technology, I think I would have stuck with the program. I loved how it broke down where all of my calories were going, that it was pretty easy to log my exercise, and I received email support. Now, over a year later, I have gained 25 pounds. The app maintained all of my information, including my weight loss goals.

After revisiting the app, I was impressed with the realistic weight loss goals. I had several options on how aggressive I wanted to be and it gave me a date for each plan. The plan that I am thinking of signing up for is losing one pound per week with around a 1,750 calorie limit. I can also set my exercise goals that will impact my daily calorie intake. To me, that is very realistic and not unattainable as some of the other apps that I encountered. Also, I can adjust this at any time and it will still apply all of the data from my food and exercise log. Also, you can have friends join and chat with them and encourage one another as you can see their goals and daily activities as well.

There is a premium paid version that is $39.99 a year with the renewal price of $29.99/yr. With the paid version, you are able to join challenges with other Lose It! members. You can also get a more detailed weight loss plan that they say helps you to lose 3 times the weight than using the free version. You can incorporate other products like NikeFuel to help instantly record some of your data for the day. Although some of this was part of free version over a year ago, less than $40 a year isn’t bad for all that this app has to offer. In tandem with some of the other fitness apps that I have downloaded, this would be a good app o incorporate into my daily regimen.

What is your favorite fitness app? Share with us your thoughts.

Comments

Popular Posts