5 Life Lessons Learned from the Purple One

Long Live Purple Rain 


When the news broke of Prince's Death, I felt sick to my stomach. His music was the soundtrack to my childhood. Even at a young age, he awakened my senses with his overwhelming sexuality.
via GIPHY
Although I am very sad to learn he is no longer with us, and I never got to see him in concert, (Oooh Luther! My mom said he was great in concert too!) I am reminded of the lessons I learned from him.


  • To Thine Ownself Be True- Prince wasn't afraid to be a weirdo. He leaned into it, and it became his strength.



via GIPHY

  • Spirituality and Sensuality are two sides of the same coin. Prince helped me to embrace my sensuality. One can be in love with God and be a sensual woman at the same time.



  • Be creative-  We all have something to contribute to the universe. Dig deep to discover what wealth of creativity I have to offer the world.




  • Be Confident! Own the F*ck out of who you are!



  • Slay and Serve!  In all things, give your best. Give people something to talk about

via GIPHY


Prince is gone from our presence, but he still lives in our spirits.
Rest in Purple Heaven Prince Roger Nelson.

Comments

Popular Posts